Accountant - Full Time Permanent
Ackroo is seeking an Accountant at our Stoney Creek office!
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the chosen candidate will be responsible for completing full cycle accounting and following processes to ensure the business functions efficiently.
You will join a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly skilled team with lots of opportunity for growth. You should be self-motivated, energetic, and have a passion for business.
- Responsible for full cycle accounting tasks such as: balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations, Month-end and Quarter-end accruals/deferrals, sales tax/payroll remittances and financial statement preparation
- Support and Process A/R and A/P when needed, follow-up on collections and inquiries
- Assist the Financial Controller to facilitate public sector interim and annual independent audit
- Tracking of all financial data and preparation of internal and external reporting requests
- Assist in the preparation of quotes and customer pricing for various products when needed
- Assist in vendor management duties including purchasing, price negotiation and assisting the Operations Manager in vendor performance evaluation
- Maintain integrity of the financial system through internal audits and account reconciliations
- Occasionally analyze and evaluate current processes and suggest changes to promote optimal efficiency while maintaining IFRS
- Effective and professional communication with current vendors, customers, and partners
- Other assigned tasks
- 2-3 years in an accountant or related position
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Professional communication skills
- Desire for continual learning
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to provide, accept, and integrate constructive feedback
Skills that will be an asset to the job but are not required:
- Degree/diploma in Accounting (or working towards)
- CPA designation (or working towards) is an asset
- Purchasing experience
- QuickBooks Enterprise experience
- English (mandatory)
- Bilingual French/English (preferred)
- Depending on qualifications
What We Offer:
Great work environment, competitive pay, full employee benefits, stock options, high career growth capability, and on-going training and development.