Ackroo is building next generation loyalty, gift card and payment solutions and have quickly become an industry leader with well-known clients across the country. We are a young, entrepreneurial company positioned for explosive growth.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Director of Business Development, Payment Services for a permanent full-time position at our Hamilton office. Reporting to the CFO (for the interim), the Director of Business Development, Payment Services will execute on national business development efforts across multiple industries with a distinct focus on Payment Services.
This is a senior opportunity with a boundary-less territory, and an exceptional product. Your success can only be limited by your own drive. You should be self-directed, energetic, and have a passion for sales, generating leads, and closing deals and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help build and lead our payment business.
***Please ensure that you have the "must have" required experience". Thank You
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets based on pre-determined metrics established by the CFO and sales leadership team
- Achieve sales growth through acquiring new Payment Service accounts
- Identify leads and target new sales opportunities through cold calling and personal outreach within your assigned industry segment including but not limited to Automotive, Retail, Hospitality and Petroleum industries
- Effectively present our suite of services to prospective clients in person and over the phone
- Develop relationships with newly acquired leads taking them through the education, solution and selection phase in order to close them as a client
- Create proposals outlining program details and pricing for client approval
- Execute agreements with newly closed clients collaborating with internal teams including finance to approve program pricing
- Ensure all proposal, contract, meeting and follow up activity is tracked within our CRM system
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports on sales forecasts, wins and losses to the sales leadership team
- Provide leadership to the payment department and build a team with divisional profitability.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and support for all products and services
- Provide client feedback to the leadership team
- Work with internal shared resources such as finance and marketing to identify campaign and promotional activity that will help generate more leads
- Regular submission of expense reports
- Attend internal sales presentations and training sessions as required
- ***(Must Have) Senior Payment Services sales experience (previous roles within a payment acquirer or ISO)
- ***(Must Have) Keen ability to read and understand payment statements and identify potential savings and/or problem areas
- ***(Must Have) Ability to create comparative quotes for presentation to the potential customer or existing customer.
- Post Secondary education in sales, business, marketing, commerce or another relevant area or proven track record of success.
- Proven ability to excel in B2B sales and lead development role
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve set sales goals and targets
- Proven track record of being a true hunter driving leads via various channels and successfully closing sales
- Strong business development skills in new industry segments and markets
- Comfortable reaching out and conversing with cold contacts, potential clients, business owners and business leaders at any level
- Top-notch interpersonal communications skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to mitigate objections/overcome obstacles and close deals
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience selling to businesses in the Automotive, Petroleum, Retail or Hospitality industries
- Previous experience working in software, payment services, gift card, loyalty, automotive, petroleum, retail and/or hospitality industry position
- Marketing services and technology background
- English (mandatory)
- Bilingual French/English (preferred but not required)
- Uncapped commission, stock options, and full health & dental benefits
- Base - $75,000 | OTE - $120,000 (unlimited upside)
What We Offer:
Great office environment, enriching culture, high career growth capability, and on-going training and development